Today's guest has coordinated events ranging in size from 12-1,200! She shares a comfort meal and tips to put your guests at ease. Learn how she does meal prep, plans her trip through the store, and why you should leave your bathroom light on! We discuss hosting in a small space and share a bonus dessert recipe. There are 2 hot tips for newlywed gifts! Stay tuned for her must-have kitchen item and why you need it! (Visit comeoverfordinner.com for the recipe, product links, and more!)
Imitation Jamie Oliver Sheet Pan Recipe Servings: 6-9
Ingredients: 6 chicken breasts
1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
1 pound broccoli florets
10 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
1 pound carrots, sliced (optional)
2 pounds potatoes, chopped
2 shallots, sliced into rings
1 Bake at Home baguette
1 ½ pounds bacon
1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
Black garlic (or roasted garlic)
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Put chicken breasts on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Put in the oven to cook while you quickly prep the rest, about 5 minutes. (You can make the chicken ahead of time to save time).
2. On a large sheet pan (or 2 small ones), place Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, carrots (optional), potatoes, and shallots. Tear the baguette into large crouton size chunks and add to baking sheet. Drizzle it all lightly with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Lay strips of bacon across the sheet; they should be touching but not quite overlapping.
3. Put the pan in the oven for an additional 25 minutes while your chicken continues cooking, and bacon is crisp on top.
4. On the stove top, add green beans to a frying pan with butter and sauté on medium-high heat for 25 minutes or until desired tenderness is reached. Add salt after 10 minutes. (These could be added to your baking sheet if you want but cooked in butter is best!)
5. Once the bacon is almost fully cooked, pull sheet pan out and break up the bacon. Mix bacon in with the other ingredients. Sprinkle liberally with black garlic and thyme; mix it in and put it back in the oven for approximately 15 more minutes.
6. Once everything is fully cooked, shred chicken, and add everything to a large serving bowl. Add more salt and pepper as needed.
*Podcast said rosemary, but she meant thyme. 😊
Bonus dessert recipe!
Double Chocolate Mousse Cake - The Scran Line