Join Gwen Newell, author of the new youth novel, Forbidden Child - Canon Press. She discusses writing, running large hospitality events, and hosting smaller groups. Her open invitation coffee hour designed for singles is one of these events. With a changing menu each week, Gwen shares advice for overcoming loneliness, making the most of a small space, and working within a tight budget. Stick around until the end to discover her must-have kitchen item, our kitchen fails, and how to make time fly when you're cleaning. We're so glad you're here! (Visit comeoverfordinner.com for the recipe and more!)
Pork Carnitas Bowl Crispy Pork Carnitas - All the Healthy Things
Serve with: Caramelized onion Avocado (not guacamole) Ben's queso Black beans (flavored with garlic and jalapenos) Lettuce or salad mix that includes cabbage, kale, and carrots Chips Sour cream
Ben’s Queso: 3 tablespoons butter 3-4 cloves garlic 1-2 tablespoons flour 3 tablespoons Mrs. Renfro’s Ghost Pepper salsa 1 cup milk Oaxaca cheese, cubed Jalapeño juice Jalapeños, diced Taco seasoning Cilantro, chopped fine
1. Sauté butter and garlic. Add flour and Mrs. Renfro’s Ghost Pepper salsa to make a roux, adding about 1 cup milk to thin.
2. Add cubed Oaxaca cheese, jalapeño juice, diced jalapeños, and taco seasoning to taste. Stir in cilantro.
3. Tweak seasonings till you love it!
One more amazing sauce idea...
Jalapeño Popper Sauce Ingredients: 8 ounces cream cheese, softened ¼ cup salsa Jalapeños, chopped, to taste Jalapeño juice, to taste Taco seasoning, to taste Cilantro, to taste Milk, a splash Serving ideas: Taquitos dip Salad dressing Sauce inside wrap with meat and lettuce A dip for just about anything!
1. Mix ingredients in bowl. Add milk at the end so you add only as much liquid as you need.
2. Tweak seasonings till you love it!
Additional recommended recipe: