Carolyn tells us all about making homemade pasta. Even beginners can follow her tips and re-create this special menu! You'll hear a great book recommendation, nearly instant dessert ideas, and why she likes family-style dining. Consider her prep and cleaning tips. They'll make hosting easier! She reminds us to watch our hearts closer than the messy bedrooms. Stay tuned for her must-have kitchen item! Read to the end for a bonus dessert recipe we forgot to discuss!
Homemade Pasta, Sausage Ravioli Filling, and Killer Alfredo Sauce
Homemade Pasta: Fresh Pasta Dough Recipe | Bon Appétit (bonappetit.com)
Sausage Ravioli Filling: (Original recipe given by Lori Schlect)
1 pound bulk Italian sausage
1 large onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, cooked and well-drained
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 egg, beaten
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. In a skillet, brown sausage, onion, and garlic; drain. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Stir in spinach, cream cheese, and egg.
3. Add mozzarella, cheddar, cottage cheese, Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
4. Processing the mix in a food processor makes it easier for scooping up for ravioli.
Killer Alfredo Sauce: (Original recipe given by Lori Schlect)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 8-ounce package cream cheese
2/3 cup grated Parmesan (more if desired)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/8 cup milk
1. In a large saucepan, lightly cook the garlic (do not brown) in the oil.
2. Add the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, butter, cream, and milk, whisking constantly until smooth.
3. If the sauce is too thick, add milk.
Dessert: Gelato al Limone - Lemon Gelato - bell' alimento (bellalimento.com)
Barefoot Contessa | Frozen Berries with Hot White Chocolate | Recipes