Corrine Reagan tells us all about making a colorful menu that kids love! Even beginners can follow her tips to re-create this special dinner! You'll hear why you need a recipe binder and advice for conversation starters around the dinner table. We talk about hospitality including those who are the closest to you - your own family - and how even the simplest hospitality can bless people greatly. Corinne has numerous product recommendations. Stay tuned to hear why you need her must-have kitchen items! (Visit www.comeoverfordinner.com for recipes, product links, and more!)
Pork Adovada Pork Adovada Servings: 12 (adapted from America’s Test Kitchen by Corinne Reagan)
Ingredients: ~6lbs pork sirloin roast Kosher salt 8 ounces dried Guajillo chili peppers 8 cups boiling water 4 tablespoons honey 4 tablespoons distilled white vinegar 6 cloves garlic 4 teaspoons oregano 2 teaspoons cumin 2 teaspoons coriander 1 teaspoon salt ½ -1 teaspoon cayenne (use according to how spicy you’d like it) ¼ teaspoon cloves
Serve as tacos with: Favorite tortillas Purple cabbage slaw (thinly sliced cabbage + lime juice + cilantro + kosher salt = toss and sit for ~30 min) Radishes, thinly sliced Rice (+ cilantro and light drizzle of olive oil) Sour cream and/or Cojita Cheese Chopped cilantro Alternatively, serve as topping for rice bowl or even alongside roasted potatoes. Leftovers are great on top of nachos.
1. Cut the meat into ~1lb chunks. Salt the meat and let sit one hour to 24 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 325°.
3. Remove the seeds from the dried peppers. Place in bowl and pour the 8 cups boiling water over. Let stand 30 min or until softened. Drain peppers, reserving 4 cups liquid.
4. Combine peppers, honey, vinegar, garlic and dried spices in blender, adding a tiny bit of the reserved liquid from the peppers if needed to form a very smooth paste. Slowly add more liquid while the blender is running to form a very, very smooth sauce.
5. In a Dutch oven-style pot with a heavy bottom, place the pork and pour the sauce over. (I use two pots for this amount). Place on burner and heat to a boil, then place inside the oven.
6. Braise for 2-2 ½ hours. If the meat is not yet tender, cook longer. Let stand at least 10 minutes, then stir to smooth the sauce. Gently break meat into ~1 inch size pieces. Salt to taste.