Kimberley shares her perfected Tuscan Chicken Stew recipe along with a menu to serve it with! You'll hear about Myrtle, a place to find recipe inspiration, and cleaning stations. Learn how she welcomes guests into her home including inner-city gang members! Stay tuned for her must-have kitchen item and why you need it!
Tuscan Chicken Stew (Instapot) Servings: 8
Stew: 6-8 bone-in chicken thighs
2 carrots, peeled, sliced thin
2 stalks of celery, sliced
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 golden potatoes, cubed
1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
1 15-ounce can green beans, rinsed
4 cups chicken stock
2 16-ounce cans tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
1 sprig fresh rosemary
Just before serving: 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 cup cooked penne
chopped parsley, to taste
Serve with: sourdough bread with olive oil to dip it in
a simple green salad tossed with a light vinaigrette
robust red wine
apple or berry crumble with real whipped cream
1. Toss chicken thighs, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, potatoes, beans (black and green), chicken stock, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and rosemary in Instapot.
2. Once all ingredients have been added to the pot, put the lid on the pot, set the steam valve to closed, push the manual setting, and cook for 45 minutes.
3. Once done, let the soup sit for 10 minutes in the pot, sealed, then release the remainder of the steam carefully. Once the steam is released, remove the lid.
4. Transfer chicken thighs to a clean bowl, remove bones and skin, then roughly chop the cooked chicken. Return to the stew and mix in.
5. Add balsamic vinegar and penne and stir.
6. Remove rosemary sprig, sprinkle with fresh parsley, then serve.
*This recipe is easily doubled (or tripled) and can be made in a covered Dutch oven simmered on the stovetop or placed in the oven at 375°F for 1 1/2 hours.