Join Paige Shaw, a mom of 6, as she discusses two delicious menus - one perfect for summer, one perfect for winter. We weigh the pros and cons of ice cream makers, take a deep dive into the differences in Parmesan cheese, and delve into the garlic options in the grocery store. Paige shares her tips on how to be welcoming to guests and encourages us to let things go once they walk in the door. Stay tuned for her top recommended kitchen items. We even threw a book into the mix this week! We're so glad you're here!
Zesty Italian Chicken
Zesty Italian dressing
Pasta (Penne is good.)
Any other veggie you’d like to throw in
1. Grill desired amount of chicken breasts and vegetables.
2. Cook pasta. Add chicken and veggies to pasta. Top with Parmesan cheese and zesty Italian dressing.
- OR -
Toasted Almond Chicken
Ingredients: 6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves ⅛ teaspoon salt ⅛ teaspoon black pepper 3 tablespoons butter 1 ½ cups whipping cream 2 tablespoons orange marmalade 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper 2.25 ounce package sliced almonds, toasted at 300° for 10 minutes Serve with: Rice Salad Homemade Caesar Dressing Croutons Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies or ice cream
1. Flatten chicken to ¼-inch thick and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Melt 1 ½ tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of chicken and cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove chicken from skillet. Repeat with rest of chicken.
3. Reduce heat to medium; add whipping cream and next 3 ingredients to skillet, stirring well. Add chicken and sprinkle with almonds and cook 8 minutes or until sauce thickens.
Another recommended recipe: